Project Name: Replacement of Communication Remote Site Generators
IFB Number #037-43 – Addendum 1
October 25, 2022
A mandatory pre-bid meeting was held on Tuesday, October 25, 2022. The meeting was held at the Emergency Services Complex.
The following companies were in attendance and this will be the only bids accepted due to the pre-bid being mandatory.
1) Current Edge Solutions, Savannah, GA, Dave Magdanz,
2) Power & Energy, Powder Springs,GA, Brandon Cummings,
3) Donaldson Electric, Covington, GA, Casey Harris, 770-543-8253
4) Data Power Source, Covington, GA, Tim Kent, 404-317-8930
5) Gen-Tech Inc., Gillsville, GA, Darren Queen, 770-530-8091
6) Comtran Group, Buford, GA, Shawn Atkins, 678-283-3669
7) Capital City, Norcross, GA, Kevin Petree, 470-997-6773
8) ESSE, Atlanta, GA, Joey Benscoter, 706-968-7741
Lamar Jones expanded upon items within the bid and added comments as the group visited locations.
Power Down Time:
Vendor will provide estimated down time of power to the building/equipment.
We suggest the following:
Utilize temporary wiring to provide power from the manual disconnect that interrupts utility power, to directly connect to the main disconnect in the power distribution panel.
Have wiring available and ready to utilize, if the utility power fails, to immediately wire power from the existing generator (or newly set, ready to operate generator) to the main panel breaker.
The UPS can usually last 30 minutes, so we need to keep the down time to this if possible.
Vendors asked for the Generator alarms that needed to be monitored.
Here is the list of current monitored alarms:
Generator Low Coolant Level
Generator Coolant Temp Fail
Generator High Battery Voltage
Generator Low Battery Voltage
Generator Low Fuel
Debra Howington, Buyer