December 2, 2021
RFQ/P #42-016, Hall County Courthouse Camera System, Addendum 1
ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF THIS ADDENDUM BY INSERTING ITS NUMBER IN THE BID FORM; FAILURE TO DO SO MAY SUBJECT BONA FIDE BIDDER TO DISQUALIFICATION.
THIS ADDENDUM FORMS A PART OF THE PROJECT DOCUMENTS; IT MODIFIES THEM AS FOLLOWS:
Vendors in attendance at the mandatory pre-bid meeting, 11/19/21:
SC Data Com, Savannah, GA – Joey Buroker and Jason Hartley
Busker Communications, Gainesville, GA – Jack Deutsch and
Axis Communications – Sam Woodring
Hanwha Techwin, Marietta, GA – Ron Spencer
SSP, Norcross, GA – Scott Carter
Net Planner System, Erik Hall
Adapt to Solve, Winder, GA – Rob Hendricks
Alscan, Atlanta, GA – Brittany Tosh
Telenet Systems, Cartersville, GA – Eric Kerce
NCI, Duluth, GA – Alex Erwin and Logan Ghorley
Genetec, Powder Springs – Nick Lawrimore
Acom Integrated, Stockbridge, GA – Keith Bradshaw
Twelve & Associates, Marietta, GA – John Jolley
Avigilon, Sugar Hill, GA – Jeff Morton
Astro Integrated, Marietta, GA – Douglas Fullbeck
Icotech, Inc., Montgomery, AL – Scott Pritchett and Bryan Hodges
Electronic Sales Co., Gainesville, GA – Cory Cooley
Pelco, Cumming, GA – Rodney Eslinger
EMC Security, Suwanee, GA – Daniel Homrich
Southwestern Security, Norcross, GA – Joseph English
A3 Communications, Duluth, GA – Carlos Calhoun
Questions received by vendors for the bid.
1. In the main Courthouse, where do you want the video server located and is there existing rack space? There is no room in the existing server rack. We want the server rack to be located in the existing server closet on the ground floor in the Sheriff’s Office.
2. Can you provide more information on the ECON control board, i.e. manufacturer and model number? The current control system / software manufacturer is ECON Systems. Website – http://www.econ-sys.com/Support/Contact.hph. Sales Rep – Scott, Phone – (334) 386-9997, email – .
3. Someone mentioned in the pre-bid meeting that you need the cameras to integrate with the touch screens? I believe the screen was crated with Wonderware Intouch. If so, in what version did it come? Do you have copies of the source code for the project? Icotech installed the touchscreen and it is utilizing a program called ECON to operate it. Also, I do not have any source codes for the project.
4. Since we get a layout of the building, can you tell us which floors the NEW cameras will be installed? We need this for the Annex also?
Cameras: Main Courthouse
Ten (10) cameras (fixed) mounted above/behind Judge’s chair (overall courtroom view) – 4 on the 4th floor
2 on the 3rd floor
2 on the 2nd floor
2 on the 1st floor
Three (3) cameras in Magistrate lobby – 3rd floor
Two (2) cameras in FLIC lobby – 2nd floor
One (1) camera in DA’s office lobby – 3rd floor
One (1) in Sheriff’s Office lobby – 1st floor
One (1) camera in Solicitor’s office lobby – 1st floor
One (1) camera in Indigent Defense lobby - 2nd floor
One (1) camera between SR1 & SR2 – ground floor
Three (3) cameras in the Jury Assembly Room – 1st floor
One (1) camera in the Grand Jury lobby – 3rd floor
One (1) camera at roof door – all the way top of the stairwell
Cameras: Annex Courthouse
One (1) camera inside Juvenile Probation Office – 1st floor
One (1) camera inside Juvenile Probation lobby – 1st floor
One (1) camera inside Juvenile Court lobby – 2nd floor
One (1) camera inside Deed Room – ground floor
5. Under the Data Collection or Data Verification/Confirmation section, it states measurements are to be completed when the improvements are “dried in”. Can you explain what “dried in” means? Generally that is about 40-50% complete right at or before the rough electrical and plumbing is in. It also mentions required risk factors; can you explain what the risk factors are? In the state of Georgia the APM says 75%. That is what we use.
6. Along with the County ID and business card, will the service provider need to wear a vest with a County Seal? Not at this time. Could we provide those for our staff for safety concerns? Yes.
7. The RFP mentions neighborhoods and market modeling in the ‘Residential Valuation via Market Modeling (Lot and Improvement)’ section. Will the service provider be responsible for creating market models or maintain currently used models? Sometimes both but usually maintaining currently used models. Typically only for analytics. Will the service provider be responsible for neighborhood delineation or does the County have the neighborhoods defined? The county will do this unless the county project manager requests assistance in this area.
8. Under the General Residential Appeals section, it states that the service provider will be responsible for assembling appraisal data, will the sales ratio and other valuation information used to establish the values be provided to the service provider? It can but the service provider is expected to know how to operate in the appraisal software in order to get those results. Are appeals conducted virtually or in person? In person.
9. In many counties, we provide for data entry of our findings from field visits or appeal
settlements. What is the extent of data entry that Tyler will need to perform? The service provider is expected to have knowledge of how to make notes via the data cloud/mobile assessor application and the appraisal software. We do not provide data entry support to the appraisal contractor for the work that is given.
10. During the Q&A portion of the pre-bid meeting, it was mentioned that the existing camera
system (in the main courthouse) will have to remain operational during the changeover /
upgrade and that the new system will need to be brought on-line alongside the old system in
order to maintain courthouse security. Will the same thing the required in the Annex
Courthouse? Yes, the Annex camera system will need to remain operational as long as possible
to minimize the system being down.
11. Courthouse personnel indicated that the Control Room in the Annex needed to be able to take
Over the functions of the Control Room in the Main Courthouse and vice versa. Does this
include the other security functions such as controlling locks or monitoring alarms? This is
referring exclusively to the camera system and not the control board in the Main Courthouse.
12. Does the County have any existing fiber optic cable between the Main Courthouse and the
Annex Courthouse? There is an existing fiber optics line in place between the Main Courthouse
and the 1936 Courthouse that is directly behind the Annex Courthouse.
13. Does the Courthouse have a dumpster available for debris disposal? Yes, a dumpster can be
provided for debris disposal.
14. Seeing how this bid is somewhat of a design build proposal would Hall County consider extending
the bid date to allow all bidders adequate time to build the most cost effective solution? The bid
date will not be extended as we are working to get this done as soon as possible.
15. Are existing floor plans available for the bidding vendors? The only plans we are able to
distribute are the plans for the parking deck. We can’t give out the floor plans for the buildings.
16. For the replacement cameras are you wanting a variety of cameras quoted or (6) of the fixed
cameras? Please read the bid package, especially Section F – Price Response, for the product
All other terms and conditions remain the same.
Hall County Board of Commissioners
Debra Howington, Buyer