Someone else is using my business name. What can I do?
Having a business license doesn't mean you "own" the name you have selected for your business. In order to "own" the name, you will have to register the name either by doing a local Trade Name Registration or DBA Registration at the Hall County Clerk's Office. Contact the County Clerk's office at 770-531-7025 for more information. You may also do a Corporate Registration at the Secretary of State's Office. They may be reached at 404-656-2817.

Show All Answers

1. How often do I have to obtain a Business License?
2. My business didn't work out, but I keep getting a bill from you. What do I need to do?
3. I have added a partner or I have incorporated my business. Do I need to let you know?
4. Since I got my business license, telemarketers will not leave me alone. How did so many people get my phone number?
5. Someone else is using my business name. What can I do?
6. Do I have to have a license for a yard sale?
7. How do I get a tax ID number?
8. Do I need to be bonded or insured?
9. I want to incorporate my business. What do I need to do?
10. How do I get an Alcohol License?