How are evictions (Writ of Possession) handled?
Evictions (Writ of Possession) are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. You can contact our Eviction Section at 770-531-7090. for additional information. You have to obtain a certified copy of a Writ of Possession to Evict from the Clerk of the Court where you filed the Dispossessory Proceeding.

Once you have the writ you will then need to contact our office at 770-531-7090 to schedule the eviction. A fee of $25 will be billed to you for the eviction [this fee is set by state law, O.C.G.A. § 15-16-21 (b.)(12)].

A labor force of at least 2 people per bedroom for residential evictions is required. If you are aware that the house is "packed" (full of items) you should increase your labor force so that the eviction can be completed in 2 hours. We must know if any unhealthy conditions exist or may exist. Deputies do not assist in the physical removal of property.

The labor required for a business eviction will be determined on a case by case basis. We must know if any alcohol or cigarettes (for sale) are present (such as a bar or restaurant); flammables or hazardous materials; groceries; if the power has been turned off for a long time; if any unhealthy conditions exist or may exist. We also need to know generally what type of items will be found at the business, especially heavy or bulky items.

Show All Answers

1. How are dispossessories served?
2. How are evictions (Writ of Possession) handled?
3. How do I apply for a Temporary Protective Order?
4. Where can I find the court fees?
5. Where can I find listings for foreclosure sales?
6. How are foreclosures served?
7. How are garnishments served?
8. I have a court order to get my child. Can the Sheriff's Office help?
9. I want to retrieve my property. Can the Sheriff's Office help?
10. How is a Notice of Forclosure of Right to Redeem handled?
11. How is a Probate Order to Apprehend carried out?
12. How and when are Sheriff's Sales conducted?
13. How are subpoenas obtained?
14. Can you assist me with a Writ of Fieri Facias (Fi. Fa.)?
15. How do I requset a real property levy?
16. I have civil papers that need to be served in Hall County. Where do I send them?