NOTE: This list is current as of September 18, 2020.
While the Hall County Government Center (and the Tax Commissioner’s Office located inside) have fully reopened to the public, other county facilities and programs remain closed or are operating at a limited or reduced capacity.
Below is list of Hall County facilities and programs that have been closed or canceled. This list is updated as new information is available. Additional COVID-19 information can be found at Ready.HallCounty.org.
- Hall County Government Scholars Academy
- Library programming
- Parks programming
- Senior Life Center
- Gainesville Connection (all services suspended)
- River Forks Park Day Use area, including the beach (River Forks Campground is open, however)
The following facilities are open. Some are fully open, some are partially open and some are open by appointment only:
- Hall County Animal Shelter: For information about scheduling an appointment at the Hall County Animal Shelter, visit the Animal Services page.
- Hall County Parks Facilities: Playground equipment, restroom facilities and pavilions have reopened to the public. Staff will clean and sanitize them on a regular basis. Baseball and softball fields are open for practice only on a first come, first served basis. A shortened fall season for youth baseball and soccer has been announced, with safety protocols in place.
- Community Centers: Walking paths at Hall County community centers are open without appointments; however, appointments are required for those wishing to workout in the fitness centers or utilize the basketball/pickle ball courts. Workout times may be scheduled at the numbers listed below:
- East Hall Community Center: (678) 450-1540
- Mulberry Creek Community Center: (770) 965-7140
- North Hall Community Center: (770) 535-8280
- Extension Office: The Extension Office will open for appointments only between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Contact information for the Extension Office is listed below:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent, Garrett Hibbs, (770) 535-8293
- Family and Consumer Sciences, Carin Booth, (770) 535-8293
- 4-H and Youth Development, Judy Tilford, (770) 535-8291
- Library Services: Libraries have reopened with certain precautions in place to ensure social distancing and other health safety measures in place. Full details are available here. (Please note that the Downtown Library is scheduled to reopen Sept. 21.)