Hall County is participating in the "Bring One for the Chipper" event again this year.
"We are accepting undecorated Christmas trees and wreaths and will recycle them for free," said Bobby Purdum, Hall County Resource Recovery supervisor.
The event, which lasts until Jan. 7, is part of the statewide Christmas "tree-cycling" program.
Purdum said Hall County's 12 compactor sites and the Hall County Recycling Center on Chestnut Street are participating. The trees will be mulched, keeping them out of the Hall County Landfill.
City of Gainesville residents can leave their trees curbside for pick-up, and Oakwood residents can drop their trees at the corner of Allen and Railroad streets. Mulch is offered at the Hall County Landfill free of charge Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., weather permitting.
Officials ask that all trees be undecorated before drop off. Artificial trees will not be accepted.
Trees may be dropped off at the following compactor sites between 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sundays:
- Candler Compactor - 5064 Poplar Springs Rd. Gainesville, Ga 30507
- Murrayville Compactor - 5113 Thompson Bridge Road, Gainesville, GA 30506
- Lula Compactor - 6174 Lula Road, Lula, GA 30554
- Wauka Mountain Compactor - 5800 Brookton-Lula Road, Gainesville, GA 30506-2909
- Sardis Road Compactor - 3166 Brackett Drive Gainesville, GA 30506
- East Crescent Drive Compactor - 734 East Crescent Drive, Gainesville, GA 30501
- Gould Lane Compactor - 1277 Hillside Gardens Lane, Gainesville, GA 30504
- Tadmore Compactor - 3320 Holly Springs Road, Gainesville, GA 30507
- Balus Creek Compactor - 3845 Old Flowery Branch Road, Flowery Branch, GA 30566
- Blackshear Place Compactor - 2921 Atlanta Highway Gainesville, GA 30507
- Flowery Branch Compactor- 4395 Falcon Parkway Flowery Branch, GA 30542
- Gaines Ferry Compactor - 6173 Gaines Ferry Road Flowery Branch, GA 30542
Trees may also be dropped off at the Hall County Recycling Center, located at 1008 Chestnut Street in Gainesville, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"Bring One for the Chipper" is sponsored locally by Hall County's Resource Recovery and Solid Waste departments with statewide sponsorship provided by the Keep Georgia Beautiful Foundation.
For more information about Bring One for the Chipper, please contact Hall County Resource Recovery at 770-535-8284.