Proclamations or Special Recognition

Proclamations are generally issued to individuals/organizations residing in or doing business in Hall County. All proclamations are strictly honorary and are not legally binding.

Purpose: The purpose of these guidelines and process is to provide uniformity and consistency throughout the process and to make written guidelines available to interested parties.

Criteria for a Hall County Proclamation are:

  • Recognition of action/service above and beyond the call of duty;
  • Recognition of extraordinary achievement;
  • Supporting actions that improve the quality of life of the Hall County Community;
  • Public awareness;
  • Arts or cultural celebrations;
  • Must be specific to Hall County, Georgia. 
  • Proclamation requests for items other than the above specified criteria, matters of political support and ideological or religious belief will not be considered.

A Proclamation Application Form must be completed and sent to either of the following at least twenty (20) business days prior to the event:

  • Email Proclamations
  • Hall County Board of Commissioners
    Attention: Commission Clerk
    P.O. Drawer 1435
    Gainesville, GA 30503

All Proclamations must go before the Hall County Board of Commissioners for approval at a public meeting. The proclamation may be presented at a Board of Commissioners Meeting or at an event subject to the availability of a County representative. If no formal presentation is requested the approved proclamation will be made available following approval by the Hall County Board of Commissioners.

Joint Proclamations with other jurisdictions may be requested. There must be a planned event that both the Hall County Board of Commissioners or a specific Commissioner and the other governmental entity or Council Member have been invited to attend during which the document is presented.

Hall County reserves the right to modify or deny a request.

Proclamation Application Form (DOCX)
Proclamation Guidelines (PDF)

For additional information, contact the Commission Clerk by email.