Duties & Responsibilities
The Traffic Violations Bureau Division is responsible for filing and processing traffic citations and Department of Natural Resources (DNR) citations received in Hall County. The Traffic Violation Bureau's duties include:
- Running driving histories on all defendants that receive traffic citations
- Electronically reporting court convictions to the Georgia Department of Driver Services
- Collecting fines and costs associated with citations
Most of these citations are payable online.
Fines may be paid Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Traffic Violations Bureau, in the Hall County Courthouse on the ground floor. You cannot pay fines until 3 weeks after the citation date.
Valid government issued identification must be presented in order to make a payment in-office. Personal checks not accepted. In-office payment options include:
- Cash 1
- Certified bank check
- Money order
- Visa® or MasterCard® (A convenience fee will be applied) 2
1. If a payment is to be made in the form of change, the change must be rolled in clear coin wrappers in order to facilitate efficient operations in the office. 2. Convenience fees will apply for payments made by card. These fees are imposed and collected by Payourtix.com Incorporated for the use of the service and do not go to Hall County Government. Credit/Debit cards accepted are Visa® or MasterCard®.
You may pay by mail with a money order or cashier's check payable to "Hall County Traffic Bureau" at the following mailing address:
- Traffic Violations Bureau
P.O. Box 1275
Gainesville, GA 30503