Hall County Elections Implements Health Safeguards as They Seek Poll Workers
Hall County Elections officials are applying new health and safety measures to their operations as they recruit poll workers for the upcoming election.
"We are working hard to make sure our poll workers and our voters are safe as they head to the polls," Hall County Elections Director Lori Wurtz said. "The democratic process is incredibly important-even in the midst of this national health pandemic, and we need people who are willing to help us facilitate that process in a safe and careful way."
- How can I register to vote when the office is closed?
- How can I verify my registration?
- Will the Ga. Sec. of State's Office automatically mail an absentee ballot application for the Aug. 11 runoffs?
- Where can I find a sample ballot for the Aug. 11 runoffs?
- How do I request an absentee ballot application?
- Where do I send my absentee ballot application?
- Is it too early to send an absentee ballot application for the November 3, 2020 General Election?
- Must I submit an absentee ballot application before each election?
- What do I do if the absentee ballot I receive has an error?
- What’s being done to ensure appropriate social distancing and CDC/White House guidelines are being followed?
- How do I make sure my absentee ballot is secure?
- Why are people in the same household receiving absentee ballots at different time?
2020 Election Dates
August 11, 2020 - Runoff Election
November 3, 2020 - General Election
Sample ballots are available via your "My Voter Page" with the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office.
Where to Look
Secure the Vote - New Voting Equipment!
Georgia will begin using new Voting equipment in 2020. The Secretary of State’s office has provided a demonstration video for an early preview.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Elections & Registration office is responsible for the voter registrations of Hall County and all its municipalities. It also serves as Qualifying and filing officer for County candidates and Elected officials. In addition to maintaining, testing and deploying voting machines to 32 precinct the Elections Office hires and trains more than 500 poll workers annually.
To uphold the Constitution of the United States so as to include the laws and policies of all courts and any legislation passed by the Georgia General Assembly and Congress of the United States. To encourage voter participation, provide excellent Customer Service to all Voters and Candidates, and instill public confidence by conducting honest and impartial elections.