- Building Inspections
Building Inspections Division
Hall County now utilizes the Accela software for Planning & Development applications, allowing citizens to submit all applications online from anywhere in the world. Need assistance? Check out these tutorial videos (via Vimeo):
- Create an Account
- Download Approved Plans
- Issues and Conditions
- Finalize and Submit Review Package
- Residential New Construction
- Revisions After Approval
- Submit Revised Plans
- Upload Plans
Ready to go? Visit the Accela Citizen Access Portal to get started.
In order to process your request for a building permit we will need you to provide the following information:
- A completed copy of the online submission form.
- If you are proposing a new structure or addition to the property, we will need a detailed site plan. The site plan is the most important component of your request. The site plan needs to be drawn to an engineering scale that shows the dimensions of the proposed structure and how far this structure is away from all existing structures and property lines. We currently do not have the ability to print the site plans out, so everything must be accurately labeled for us to approve.
- A copy of your recorded plat. If you do not have a copy, please contact the Deeds and Records Room (770-531-7058).
- A completed copy the owner authorization form. Please have this filled out, have it notarized, and include a copy of your photo ID and business license, if necessary. This form is only necessary if you are not the property owner.
Please submit the completed packet via email to email@example.com for review and processing to ensure compliance with Hall County regulations. A representative from Hall County Planning will let you know we have received the permit request and any additional information that may be needed. If your request can be approved, we will email either Hall County Environmental Health or Building Inspections letting them know of our approval. You will be copied on the email so that a representative from their department may contact you to proceed with your request. Please note, approval from Hall County Planning does not mean you have obtained a building permit. Your request must be reviewed and approved, if necessary, by Environmental Health before a building permit can be obtained.
For general questions or for urgent matters regarding existing permits and building inspections please email Daisy Leyva, firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific questions relating to your project, or questions regarding new projects, please contact Lauren Brandao, Development Review Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Finally, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
About the Division
Hall County Government has operated a Building Inspections Division since 1972. Today the Inspection Office operates under a unified code system that is applicable regardless of which jurisdiction construction occurs.
The primary mission of the Building Inspection Divisions is to protect the health, safety and welfare of the people by ensuring a safe building environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Hall County Building Inspections enforces the International Building Codes as prescribed by the International Code Council, mandated by and amended by the State of Georgia.
All work to any structure, be it new construction, addition or alteration to an existing structure, shall be approved and permitted by the Building Official before construction begins.
Building Inspections also enforces Erosion and Sediment Controls in the County and any grading, clearing, grubbing or installation of driveways on any property shall first be required to obtain a Land Disturbance Permit from the Hall County Engineering Department.
View the Building Permit Checklist (PDF) for more information about how to obtain a building permit.
- Do I need to get a permit to put up a fence in my backyard?
- Do I need a permit to re-roof my house?
- Do I need a permit for a retaining wall?
- Is it okay to put a storage building on my property without a permit?
- Where is the Building Inspections Department?
- How do I know where to apply for a building permit?
- How can I get a copy of the building permit or Certificate of Occupancy for my house?