READY Hall County
Coronavirus (COVID19) Information
Hall County Emergency Management Agency continues to closely monitor any new details as it relates to COVID-19. We are working with local, state, and federal officials to ensure that appropriate actions are being taken and that necessary and accurate information is being shared with our citizens.
Several Hall County facilities will reopen next week in the next phase of Hall County Government’s reopening plan.
Beginning June 1, Hall County’s three community centers will reopen their walking track and fitness centers with some guidelines in place. On June 2, the Hall County Animal Shelter will be opening their facility to the public for appointment only. The Hall County Extension Office is also open to the public by appointment only.
As a reminder, many departments at the Hall County Government Center reopened for appointments only on May 18.
Read more about the latest round of reopenings.
Gov. Kemp Extends State of Emergency Until July 12, Offers More Guidance for Businesses to Open
Gov. Kemp to Lift Restrictions on Short-Term Rentals
Health Department Offers COVID-19 Testing
Hall County Prioritizes Mental Health During Crisis
While most of us are working to ensure we are all okay physically, Hall County, as part of its Strategic Plan adopted in 2018 by the Board of Commissioners, is also committed to prioritizing mental health as well.
Below is a PSA from Surgeon General Jerome Adams regarding mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you find yourself in distress during these difficult times, you can call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990, text "TalkWithUs" to 66746 or visit www.DisasterDistress.samhsa.gov for more information.
Hall County EMA Director Answers Your COVID-19 Questions
The April episode of the "Hall About Public Safety" podcast is playable in the box below, or on Apple Podcasts.
Primary Elections Postponed to June 9
Hall County Board of Commissioners Offer Message to Citizens in Light of COVID-19
Judicial Emergency Extended
Georgia Receives SBA Statewide Disaster Declaration, Applications for Small Business Emergency Loans Now Open
Click here for disaster declaration information.
Click here for SBA Disaster Loan Assistance information.
Click here for loan program comparisons, webinar signups and other valuable information provided by the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center.
Georgia Department of Public Health COVID-19 Presentation
- Hall County Government Scholars Academy
- Libraries and Library programming
- Parks pavilions
- Parks playgrounds
- Parks programming
- Senior Life Center
- Gainesville Connection (all services suspended)
The following facilities are open by appointment only:
- Hall County Government Center: To make an appointment for a department located at the Hall County Government Center, please call 770-535-8288. (Please note that the Tax Commissioner’s Office, which handles vehicle registrations, tag renewals and other services, is closed at this time.)
- Hall County Animal Shelter: For information about scheduling an appointment at the Hall County Animal Shelter, visit the Animal Services page.
- Community Centers: Walking paths at Hall County community centers are open without appointments; however, appointments are required for those wishing to workout in the fitness centers. Workout times may be scheduled in the fitness centers in one-hour blocks at the numbers listed below:
- East Hall Community Center: (678) 450-1540
- Mulberry Creek Community Center: (770) 965-7140
- North Hall Community Center: (770) 535-8280
- Extension Office: The Extension Office will open for appointments only between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Contact information for the Extension Office is listed below:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent, Garrett Hibbs, (770) 535-8293
- Family and Consumer Sciences, Carin Booth, (770) 535-8293
- 4-H and Youth Development, Judy Tilford, (770) 535-8291
Did you know much of the business conducted at Hall County can be done online, by phone or by email?
We offer an online payment center for a number of transactions, including payments for business license renewals, sewer service and traffic citations.
Worried about in-person visits? Check the list of departments for contact information of the people you’ll need to speak with. You might able to handle everything by phone or email.
Department of Public Health Information:
North Georgia Health System Information:
Local Schools Information:
Hall County News and Updates:
(5/29) Next phase in Hall County Government Reopening plan announced
(5/26) Hall County Corrections inmates make medical gowns for Northeast Georgia Medical Center
(5/12) Early Voting begins with new location to facilitate social distancing
(5/11) Some Hall County departments to open for appointments only
(4/27) Hall County plans partial, phased-in reopening May 18
(4/22) New Hall Co. Deputy Fire Chief begins job amid COVID-19 outbreak
(4/22) Hall County Library System’s online offerings keep citizens entertained during quarantine
(4/16) Upcoming Hall County Government meetings to be held virtually
(4/15) Hall Co. Animal Shelter facilitating online adoptions amid COVID-19 pandemic
(4/14) Tax Commissioner’s office accepting applications for titles remotely for private seller vehicles
(4/9) Mailing of real property assessment notices delayed until May 1
(3/25) Hall County building inspections to continue with added safety measures due to COVID-19