- Your Government
- County Government
- Planning Commission
- The 1st and 3rd Monday of each month (unless otherwise noted)
- 5:15 p.m.
- Hall County Government Center
2875 Browns Bridge Rd
Gainesville, GA 30504
View the 2023 meeting schedule (PDF). Please note that meeting dates and times are subject to change. To confirm a meeting, please call 770-531-6809.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Applications | View Agendas and Minutes
Monday, April 3, 2023 Planning Commission Meeting
(For the agenda, applications, and staff reports please click the links below)
1. 5303 Browns Bridge Road | Use Subject to County Commission Approval | on a 1.04± acre tract located on the south side of Browns Bridge Road at its intersection with Whitmire Drive | Zoned H-B; Tax Parcel 08080 003018 | Proposed use: used auto/boat sales and repair | ** Commission District 2 | Ali Sadegh, applicant.
2. 1563 Calvary Church Road | Use Subject to County Commission approval | on a 12.76± acre tract located on the east side of Calvary Church Road approximately 253 feet from its intersection with Calvary Industrial Drive | Zoned I-II; Tax Parcel 15031 000097 | Proposed use: inert landfill | *** Commission District 4 | Southern Utility Group, applicant.
3. Unnamed Road | Establish a Road Name | on the official Hall County road map from Unnamed to Old Lanier Islands Drive; being a ±0.40 mile section at the intersection of Big Creek Road and New Bethany Road, formally Lanier Islands Parkway prior to the realignment of SR 347 completed by GDOT | ** Commission District 2 | Planning Staff, applicant.
4. Section 17.180 | Text Amendment | Proposed amendment to Section 17.180. A copy of the proposed amendment is available from the Hall County Planning office | *** All Commission Districts | Hall County Planning, applicant.
*The Planning Commission’s decision will be the final action taken unless appealed to the Board of Commissioners. To do so, file an application with the Planning Department within five working days of the Planning Commission’s decision.
The Hall County Board of Commissioners will hear appeals at a public hearing Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Hall County Government Center, 2nd Floor Meeting Room, 2875 Browns Bridge Road, Gainesville, Georgia.
**The Planning Commission's recommendation will be forwarded to the Board of Commissioners for final action at a public hearing on Wednesday, May 10, 2023. The Board will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the Hall County Government Center, 2nd Floor Meeting Room, 2875 Browns Bridge Road, Gainesville, Georgia.
***The Planning Commission's recommendation will be forwarded to the Board of Commissioners for final action at a public hearing on Thursday, April 13, 2023. The Board will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the Hall County Government Center, 2nd Floor Meeting Room, 2875 Browns Bridge Road, Gainesville, Georgia.
- Chris Braswell, Chair, District 2 Commissioner appointment
- Stan Hunt, District 3 Commissioner appointment
- Johnny Varner, District 4 Commissioner appointment
- Gina Pilcher, Chairman appointment
- Frank Sosebee, District 1 appointment