Whether young or old, recycling is a habit that all Hall Countians should practice. Recycling helps our community by cleaning our environment and reducing the amount of waste that goes into our landfills. We're offering the following recycling tips to help you keep Hall beautiful!
Our recycling center is located at 1008 Chestnut St. SE, Gainesville, GA 30501-6909. We accept all listed materials at this location on Monday through Friday from 7:30am until 4:00pm.
Please remember to:
- Empty all containers
- Rinse all food and beverage containers
- Flatten or cut cardboard
Mixed Paper (Blue Bin)
- Magazines and catalogs
- Office and copy paper (all colors)
- File folders
- Index cards
- Plain and window envelopes
- Phone books
- Corrugated cardboard (3 layers)
- Paperboard (1 layer, cereal/pasta/frozen food/shoe box/etc.)
- Soda/beer boxes
- Pizza boxes (no pizza, please)
- Hard and soft bound books
Plastics/Metals (Green Bin)
- #1-7 plastic bottles and tubs - empty, no lid. Any food or cleaning product plastic bottle or tub
- Aluminum cans and foils
- Steel and tin food cans
- Wire clothes hangers are ok
Glass (Green Bin)
- Food and beverage bottles and jars of all colors
Used Motor Oil
- Motor oil
- Hydraulic oil
- Automatic transmission fluid
Only from personal vehicles and lawn/garden equipment. Limit 5 gals per person per visit. To recycle, place it in a clean, leak-proof container. No bleach containers.
Rechargeable Batteries (Recycling Center only)
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Lithium Ion (Li-ion)
- Small Sealed Lead (Pb) 2 lbs. or less
Electronics (Recycling Center only)
Please note that we do not accept tube-based televisions. TVs can be taken to Best Buy.
- All electronics containing circuit cards/boards
- Computers (Laptops, Servers, PCs, workstations, mainframes, terminals)
- Computer network equipment (such as network cards, hubs routers, etc.)
- Computer monitors (CRT and flat panel)
- Flat screen TVs (Plasma, LCD and LED)
- Network/telecom racks/cabinets
- Docking Stations
- External hard drives
- Tape drives
- External modems
- Electric motors
- Sound equipment (such as receivers, amplifiers, CD/DVD players, etc.)
- Banking equipment (such as cash counters, magnetic card readers, check printers, etc.)
- Test equipment (oscilloscope, voltmeter, amp meter, power meter, voltage generators etc.)
- Telecommunication equipment (wired telephones, network switches, antennas etc.)
- Copper wires and cables
- AC adapters, power supplies, surge protectors, switch boxes, calculators printer monitor UPS battery)
- Fax machines
- Overhead projectors
- Microwave Ovens
- Tape players
- Cash registers
- Office shredders
- Copy machines
- Recording media (VCR tapes, music cassettes, CD's & DVD's)
Cell Phones: Senior Life Center, 430 Prior Street SE, Gainesville, 770-503-3331 will accept cell phones (recommend removal of SIM card) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
NOTICE: Hard disks/drives deposited for recycling should be cleared of any personal data/information. Hall County assumes no liability for accidental or deliberate misuse of any personal data/information accessed by others during or after the recycling process.
Protect yourself by wiping or destroying your hard drives before you recycle! Several software products are available for permanently deleting all data, or a simple nail driven through the outer casing and disk is effective.
Cooking Grease/Oil (Recycling Center only)
- Used cooking grease or oil
Paint (recycled at landfill only)
- 5 gal bucket: $25.00
- 1 gal can: $5.00
- Quart: $1.25
- Pint: $1.00
- Spray Paint: $2.00
Latex, oil, and solvent based paints accepted. No mixing.
Tires (recycled at landfill only)
- Less than 12": $1.50 each
- 12"-18": $2.00 each
- 18"-22.5": $5.00 each
- 22.5"-24.5": $10.00 each
- More than 24.5": not accepted
Scrap Metal (recycled at landfill only)
- Includes appliances (freon removed). Appliances with Freon accepted for minimum $12.50 min. landfill "gate fee" plus $7 Freon removal charge for one unit or $8 ea. for 2 or more units.
Auto Batteries (Recycling Center & Landfill)
- Accepted in scrap metal recycling area
Other Recycling Options
Resource Recovery Superintendent
1008 Chestnut Street
Gainesville, GA 30501
P.O. Drawer 1435
Gainesville, GA 30503
Televisions can now be recycled in Hall County at no cost!
Best Buy Info
Visit EnviroShare.org. A project of Hall County Resource Recovery, Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce and the Business Community.
Hall County Connection is an informative show discussing governmental issues, departmental issues, and general topics that are of interest to the public.