Hall Area Transit is proposing service changes to curtail expenses and better meet residents' needs. The changes would decrease operating hours, add a new route, increase fares, add options for daily and monthly passes, and increase the age limit of children who may ride for free. The public is invited to provide input on the proposal through July 23.
Highlights of the proposed changes:
• Operating hours for Hall Area Transit are proposed to change from 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
• Operating hours for Route 2 would be reduced, and a new Route 7 would be created to serve the Hall County Government Center on Browns Bridge Road.
• Fares would increase from $1 to $1.25 for an adult, from $.50 to $1 for children and students, and from $.50 to $.60 for seniors and disabled riders.
• Children age 6 and under would be free, rather than age 2 and under.
• An unlimited one-day pass as well as a monthly pass would be added to the rate structure.
How to submit comments – deadline July 23:
• Monday, July 23, 1 p.m., Hall Area Transit, 487 Main St., Gainesville
• Monday, July 23, 5:30 p.m., Gainesville-Hall County Community Service Center, 430 Prior St. SE, Gainesville
Hall Area Transit
687 Main St.
Gainesville, GA 30501
Richard Ticehurst, Hall Area Transit Operations/General Manager, 770-503-3358, firstname.lastname@example.org.
| Enter the Media Resources page to find photos, bios and information about different Hall County officials.
Hall County Connection is an informative show discussing governmental issues, departmental issues, and general topics that are of interest to the public.