As an agent of the state, Hall County Government serves the entire
county. Its major areas of concentration include economic development
& transportation, general county government, health & human
services, natural resources & the environment, public safety &
the courts, and revenue & finance. County government serves in
- Through the Hall County Board of Commissioners as well as various
appointed and elected officials, it administers and enforces state
laws, collects taxes, assesses property, records public documents,
conducts elections and issues licenses.
- Through appointed boards and officials, it provides parks, libraries,
civil defense, welfare and medical services.
- As required by state law, county government also serves unincorporated
areas by providing and maintaining roads and bridges, police protection,
building inspections, planning and zoning.
- Tax money allocated by the state and collected in the county is
dispersed through a yearly budget prepared by staff, announced
through public hearings, reviewed and approved by the Board of
- Businesses within the county are licensed and taxed by county government.
By providing utilities such as sewer service, water and roads, county
government works to attract and maintain business, industrial and
residential growth in the county.
Board of Commissioners
Meetings & Agendas
Current Jury Lists
Judicial / Courts
Hall County Connection is an informative show discussing governmental issues, departmental issues, and general topics that are of interest to the public.