November 3, 1970
Voters approved a Resolution creating the Hall County Fire Prevention District. District is for all of Hall County except city of Gainesville and Flowery Branch.
December 14, 1970
County Commission adopts a Resolution creating the Hall County Fire Prevention District.
January 15, 1971
Fire Department begins operation with two trucks purchased at Sheriff’s sale. First fire alarm answered, tractor-trailer with over heated wheels on fire.
March 2, 1971
Voters approve to build five stations.
County Commission awards contract for temporary metal buildings.
Fire station six at Lula City Hall.
Four stations open and are designated as stations Two, Three, Four, & Five.
Headquarters (Station 1) opens.
Fire Station 7 constructed on E. Crescent Dr. and designated as Headquarters.
Fire Station constructed on Gaines Ferry Road designated as Station Eight.
Station Six in Lula was relocated to S.R. 52 just west of Highway 365, and land purchased for future fire station site on Poplar Springs Road.
April 19, 1990
County agrees to provide fire protection to city of Flowery Branch.
April 27, 1990
County enters agreement with City of Lula to provide fire protection to property within the city limits of Lula but outside Hall County said property being located in Banks County.
County Commission authorizes construction of fire station on property located at Poplar Springs Road.
June 24, 1998
Notice to proceed issued to Joel Turner Construction for Station 9 on Poplar Springs Rd.
January 26, 1999
Fire Station 9 officially opens.
April 21, 1999
Purchased 3.317 acres from Lassiter Properties for Station 10 on Hwy. 52.
Voters approve SPLOST IV, with funds for new fire stations and a training center.
July 15, 1999
Received donation from Fieldale Corporation of 3 acres of land for Station 11.
September 24, 1999
Commission approves bid for Stations 10 and 11.
October 4, 1999
Groundbreaking held at Station 11 in Murrayville symbolizing both stations.
October 13, 1999
Notice to proceed issued to Sorrells Construction.
June 2, 2000
Opened Station 11 for business at 1900 hrs.
June 6, 2000
Ground Breaking at Station 12 on Winder Hwy.
July 24, 2000
Opened Station 10 for business at 1430 hrs.
August 7, 2000
Dedication of Fire Station 11.
August 9, 2000
Dedication of Fire Station 10.
September 28, 2000
Commission authorized acquisition of property for Station 13 at Chestatee and Sardis.
December 14, 2000
Dedication of Fire Station 12
December 14, 2000
30 year anniversary of Hall County Fire Prevention District.
October 22, 2001
Opened Station 13 for business at 14:00 hrs.
Joint fire training center officially opens.
Construction begins on new Emergency Services Complex to house administrative offices and 911.
Land purchased for Station 14 on Spout Springs Rd. just South of Williams Rd.
Fire Administration and 911 administration move into new Emergency Services Complex.
Fire Chief Mike Satterfield retires ending a near 30 year career with Hall County, serving as the longest Fire Chief in the departments history (21+ years).
Hall County Connection is an informative show discussing governmental issues, departmental issues, and general topics that are of interest to the public.