The Hall County Board of Commissioners has relocated the county government to a consolidated, convenient location on Browns Bridge Road.
Consolidating the county's numerous department locations will save money by increasing staff efficiency, reducing operational costs, and eliminating office space rentals.
Voters approved a total of $17 million in SPLOST VI (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax) funding for renovation of the old courthouse and annex and relocation of administration offices. The Hall County Government Center building was purchased using $6.1 million in SPLOST dollars.
- Building Inspections
- Business License
- Environmental Health
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Human Resources
- Lake Lanier Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Tax Assessors
- Tax Commissioner
- Located at 2875 Browns Bridge Road, at the corner of Browns Bridge Road and McEver Road, formerly the Liberty Mutual Building.
- Within Gainesville's city limits and 3.75 miles from downtown.
- Land totals 33 acres.
- Constructed in 1982.
- 118,767 square feet of usable space, 5 stories, furnishings included.
- 525 parking spaces.
- Purchase price: $6.1 million (SPLOST VI funding).
- Renovation cost (estimated): $2.9 million.
- To consolidate county functions into a one-stop shop to increase convenience for customers.
- Increase efficiency for staff.
- Save money by relocating county offices that are currently in leased space, and reduce operational costs overall.
- Provide the Hall County Courthouse with much-needed additional space in the Courthouse Annex.
- To provide space for the county government to expand as the need for county services grows.
- Fulfill SPLOST VI obligation to voters, who in March 2009 approved $17 million for renovation of old courthouse and relocation of administration offices.
- Operational costs approximately of $175,000.
- County office space rental of approximately $100,000.
- Departments moved into the new building during September-October 2012.
Public Information Officer
2875 Browns Bridge Rd.
Gainesville, GA 30504-5635
P.O. Drawer 1435
Gainesville, GA 30503
Hall County Connection is an informative show discussing governmental issues, departmental issues, and general topics that are of interest to the public.