Court Appearances & Rules for Visitation
Any inmate in the Detention Center will be transported to court for a first appearance hearing. Family members must obtain information regarding future court dates directly from the inmate, as the jail does not provide this information.
Rules for Visitation
All visitors must obey all applicable jail rules or directives from officers.
- Visitors must sign in on the visitor's log book.
- Visitors must have a valid picture I.D. and comply with all applicable rules.
- All minors and children must be accompanied by an adult who can vouch for their identity and age.
- All visitors must refrain from loud talking, disruptive, or dangerous conduct.
- Visitors who come to the Jail under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will be turned away and may be subject to arrest.
- No firearms, dangerous devices, controlled substances, or other contraband is permitted inside the detention facility. Anyone attempting to bring contraband into the jail is subject to arrest (O.C.G.A. 42-4-13).
- If children are brought into the facility they must remain in the care of an adult at all times.
- Handbags, diaper bags, carry-alls and other valuables must be secured in your vehicle. Any item brought into the Jail is subject to be searched.
- There will be no smoking within the Hall County Jail.
- Only those people visiting will be allowed within the detention facility. All others will be required to wait in the parking lot or inside their vehicles.
- Visitors may be turned away if they are deemed to pose a threat the security of the facility.
- Visitation for the Hall County Jail is subject to cancellation or change due to compelling operational problems to be determined by the facility commander. Visitation is a privilege subject to the below guidelines.
Securus ONSITE Video Visitation
Effective 8/15/16 all onsite visits will be conducted via video visitation terminals (excluding Attorney visits). Inmates are allowed one 30 minute onsite video visit per week. Onsite video visits are free. Onsite video visits no longer limit Family & Friends to visit a specific day of the week based on the inmate’s housing assignment. Inmates may receive one visit per week Monday – Saturday 8am to 5:30pm based on availability. All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time to check in with the visitation officer. You must bring a valid government issued ID. You may log into a video visitation session 2 minutes prior to scheduled start time. The video feed will automatically turn off 30 minutes after the schedule start time. Visitors can schedule a visit online @ www.videovisitanywhere.com or at the Hall County Visitation Center during onsite visitation hours.
Visitor Dress Code
- All tops must have high neck, sleeves and be full length.
- All tops will be made of non transparent material and color.
- (examples of impermissible attire; low cut shirts, tank tops, muscle shirts, spaghetti straps, sleeveless shirts , midriff shirts, fish net shirts, mesh material, light colored shirts that can be seen through, sheer shirts and shirts with holes or tears).
- All shorts, skirts and dresses must be knee length.
- Bottoms must not be low cut as to sit below the hips and under garments should not be visible.
- Bottoms will be made of a non transparent material and color.
- (Examples of impermissible attire; mesh bottoms, light colored bottoms that can be seen through, bottoms that have holes and tears, low rise bottoms and shorts that show under clothing).
- Visitors will not be allowed to use other materials to cover inappropriate dress; such as jackets, coats, scarves, etc.
- Inmates that have processed through the booking and classification procedures and are currently assigned to permanent housing within the facility.
- Inmates that have not lost his/her privileges by violating detention center rules.
The visitation schedule is currently being updated. Please contact the Hall County Jail to confirm the appropriate day for visitation for the inmate you would like to visit. Your name must appear on the inmate's visitation list in order to visit.
Each inmate will be allowed 1 30-minute visit per week between the hours 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. There will be no more than three visitors, including children allowed during this 30 minute period. All visitors must come at the same time. (The 30 minute rule does not apply to Attorneys and Clergy.)
Clergy will be allowed to visit through the week during the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Attorneys may visit any time.